COVID-19 Travel Guidance Wherever possible workers should travel to site alone using their own transport using public transport as a last resort:
- Parking arrangements to be in accordance with the 2 metre rule.
- Park in every other bay if possible.
- If you can’t use your own vehicle to travel to work, think about walking/cycling to work.
- If using public transport wear face covering/mask and gloves and remove/bag before entering place of work.
- Maintain a 2 metre gap with others wherever possible while travelling to work.
- Bring your uniform to and from work and change on site & launder each night.
- Wash your hands as soon as you arrive to your place of work.
- Temperature checking may be used to check visitors, employees and sub-contractors an arrival to sites as a form of symptom screening.
- Use of company vehicles- 1 person to use cars/cans at once. Ensure you clean the main ‘touch points’ at the start and end of using vehicles (image below).
Government checklists for safer travel
Plan your journey
- Can I walk or cycle to my destination?
- Have I checked the latest travel advice from my transport operator?
- Have I booked my travel ticket online, bought a pass or checked if contactless payment is possible?
- Have I planned my journey to minimise crowded areas and allow for delays?
- Am I taking the most direct route to my destination?
What to take with you
- a plan for my journey
- contactless payment card or pass
- phone (if needed for travel updates, tickets, contactless payments)
- hand sanitiser
- essential medicines
- a face covering, if required